It’s almost a cliché now, but I’ll say it again: mobile is everywhere. Most important for restaurants, whether sit down or takeaway, people are using their mobile to:
- Research where to eat,
- Call their friends to see where they are eating,
- Check the menu of a new restaurant in town,
- Find out exactly how to get to a particular restaurant,
- Or find which takeaway place delivers to their flat
People’s mobiles are intertwined with food (not literally of course, that would be way too messy). And that’s good news for you because it means the perfect means of communicating with your customer is right in their hands, very likely being used to make a decision about food.
All you have to do is send them a nudge in your direction. That nudge is a text message with a great offer. Maybe it’s a discount code for any entrée. Perhaps it’s a two for one deal creating a great reason for date night, or to catch up with an old friend. Then again, it might be for half price appetisers before 6 p.m.
The point is that your customers are likely thinking about food at certain times of the day. And they have their mobiles at hand. If they’ve given you their phone number either to sign up for your sms marketing list, or just in the course of ordering from you previously, then you can reach out and send them a message about your restaurant (remember if they haven’t specifically opted in, always send a first message giving them the option to opt out).
What can an SMS marketing campaign do for a restaurant? Here are a couple of examples:
- A Papa John’s franchise increased sales by 33% during one campaign to 8,100 of its subscribers. They simply offered a reduced price on a pizza, either pick-up or delivery.
- One American restaurant, Carl’s Jr, saw a return of $14 for every $1 spent on an SMS marketing campaign. In their message they offered a half-price deal on a $6 burger combo meal.
It’s possible to generate a ton of business using a simple text message. It’s less expensive and easier than you think. If you want to know more, Download our Restaurant SMS Guide